Friday, October 3, 2008

New Kids- Recap

It's 6pm the evening of the New Kids show in DC. You are sitting down drinking a Stella when you feel the ground start to shake. Ripples form in your beer from the vibrations, just like Jurassic Park. You glance up and see the horizon growing imminently closer. "What is that?" That, my friend, was the stampede of late-twenties women, spreading themselves around Chinatown like greedy cockroaches, most of them adorning I Heart Joey and NKOTB baby tees, screaming at the top of their lungs.

I was one of them. (minus the baby tee)

We made it up to our suite quickly, as we were running a bit late and didn't want to miss anything. Luckily, Natasha Something-or-Other opened the show. I recognized some of her songs, but could not have cared any less. After a brief intermission, the lights dimmed and everyone lost it. All audience members became a character of their 11 year-old selves. NKOTB played only a couple of new songs *thank god* and loaded up their set with material that they KNEW would make us cry tears of joy and a pretty amazing wardrobe change into matching white suits. It was the best time everrrrr. At one point, I broke out of the suite and tried to pump up the crowd. People weren't really interested.




When everything was said and done, we had made our way to the 6th street side of theVerizon Center where there was a huge crowd waiting to catch a glimpse of their tour bus. This one chick tried to tell me that Donnie kissed her on the lips (big fat liar) and after that, well, I just can't remember much.


I was planning on actually critiquing the show in some sort of organized manner, but we thought it would be a good idea to do a couple rounds of shots after drinking some pints before the show, leaving me in a state of utter bliss and completely incapable of paying attention to much of anything. All I know is that we all had a blast and I am so glad I got to share it with Caitlyn Walters, who I have known for 20 years and who listened to her first New Kids tape with me! xoxoxo

No comments: