Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chiptunes in Philly

I thought i would never make it to philly. The stars were against me actually leaving but i did, at 5:30 pm, when i thought I-95 would be at a standstill from Easter travellers. Not only was the ride smooth and traffic-free, but it was super enjoyable. A bright sunny day, snacks, musics and only 2.5 hours in the car. I was one of the first people at the show (i had to search for it, finally finding a sign with some arrows taped to the ground directing me to venue). Cheap Dinosars was taking a smoke break when i got there, talked to him for a second, let me know he was up after this film clip they were playing. Thanks, nice to meet you. Upon entering, there was a table of free food that someone's parents or friend had made for all the kidz at the show. Adorable.




Cheap Dinosaurs is a Philly 8-bit guy with a synth and gameboy. Animal Style is another Philly guy with a guitar, 8-bit fuzz pedal, nanoloop, famitracker and custom SNES foot controller. Glomag, Nullsleep, Bitshifter and Bubblyfish are all huge NYC chiptune people. I could not stop smiling. and dancing. TRY to stand still during March of the Nucleotides. Got home around 2pm. Worth every second of trying to not fall asleep.









To read more about chiptune music try these links:

No comments: